Re: [xsl] MERGING 2 XML DOCS WITH dom4j parser

Subject: Re: [xsl] MERGING 2 XML DOCS WITH dom4j parser
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:01:51 +0200
Lea Allison wrote:
The problem I find with this method, is that by using a parameter / variable
to import the second document I have to use a for-each loop with the
$importedDoc to be able to apply the templates to this data.

Why not just <xsl:apply-templates select="$importedDoc/*"/> ?

Secondly, if I view the outputed XML from the stylesheet, it only shows the first document. The 2nd doc in the param does not show.
What do you mean by "I view outputed XML from the stylesheet" ?

Actually it would be ideal to get two combined documents returned to the
users browser as XML. ie.

<DOCUMENT>
	<DOC1>
		<CONFIGINFO />
	</DOC1>

	<H>Main document</H>
	<P>Hello world</P>
</DOCUMENT>

Where DOC1 would be the 2nd documented added to the first.

There is also another problem. The imported document is not always the same.
I vary the document based on language, so I need to dynamically name the
imported document.
Pass its name as parameter too.

<DOCUMENT>
	<xsl:element name="{$imported-doc-name}">
		<!-- Process imported doc -->
		<xsl:apply-templates select="$imported-doc" mode="imported"/>
	<xsl:element>
	<!-- Process main doc -->
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</DOCUMENT>