RE: [xsl] Transforming data through Xalan

Subject: RE: [xsl] Transforming data through Xalan
From: "Pavitra Jain" <pavitra.jain@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:25:50 +0530
Without seeing your source xml I can't say for sure... but it looks as
though your <xsl:for-each> can't find 'issues/issue' as a child of the root.
You could use

<xsl:for-each select="//issues/issue">

which will find all 'issue' elements with parent 'issues' throughout the
whole xml doc, or you could make the path more specific (you will need to
post some of your xml for help with that one)

cheers
andrew

Hi,

Resending my reply.

I have applied you suggestion too and this also doesn't work. I
have written many variation of xsl with both declarative and procedural
styles and
all seem to work on the static output of xml but not when these exist as
events.
No XSL seems to work :-((((((

I have pasted below the output of identity transformation on the SAX events
using Xalan 2.

But I think the problem lies elsewhere, as I am able to generate the desired
html on the command line from this output xml and the xsl(pasted in the last
mail).

Has anyone faced a problem like this? PLEASE help as I am stuck here and
cannot move forward in my work

<issues>
<issue>
<column name="issue-id">Issue1</column>
<column name="module-name">IMS1</column>
<column name="issue-description">JavaScript Error</column>
</issue>
<issue>
<column name="issue-id">Issue2</column>
<column name="module-name">IMS2</column>
<column name="issue-description">JavaScript Error</column>
</issue>
<issue>
<column name="issue-id">Issue3</column>
<column name="module-name">IMS3</column>
<column name="issue-description">Java Error</column>
</issue>
<issue>
<column name="issue-id">Issue4</column>
<column name="module-name">IMS4</column>
<column name="issue-description">Java Error</column>
</issue>
<issue>
<column name="issue-id">Issue5</column>
<column name="module-name">IMS5</column>
<column name="issue-description">Classpath Error</column>
</issue>
</issues>

Regards,
Pavitra Jain