Re: [xsl] simple XPath expression

Subject: Re: [xsl] simple XPath expression
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:06:51 +0200
Just an assumption :

<xsl:template match="xhtml:body//text()[not(ancestor::xhtml:font)]">

(note xhtml namespace of font element)

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel

Alex Hunsley wrote:
Hi
I'm still a bit new to XSLT and I'm trying to write a certain xpath expression
without any success.

I'm processing an xhtml file (basically, it's just html really) to add some
styling (e.g. fonts etc).

Initially, I started off with a template for matching text in the html, and
the line was as follows:

<xsl:template match="xhtml:body//text()">

This rule worked fine, and matched on text nodes in the html.

An extra requirement then came up - I wanted to change this line so that it
only matched on text nodes that didn't have a <font> element as an ancestor.
The following line is my current attempt to do this:

<xsl:template match="xhtml:body//text()[not(ancestor::font)]">

but it doesn't work. The XSLT processor does the processing without any
errors, but it matches on lines that do have a font ancestor, so I haven't
written the line right...

can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

thanks!
alex