RE: [xsl] stylesheet to writing to excel

Subject: RE: [xsl] stylesheet to writing to excel
From: STEPHEN_R_FRIEDLAND@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:09:06 -0500
Actually, after searching for info for a while, I discovered it's pretty
straightforward. Excel will read csv, tab-separated, or html. Create a
style sheet to output any of these will work. I chose to output tab-
separated through a servlet. The piece I was stuck on for a while was how to
output tabs and newlines. The following variables were what I needed.

<xsl:variable name="newline">
  <xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="tab">
  <xsl:text>&#9;</xsl:text>
</xsl:variable>

Separate each element with <xsl:value-of select="$tab"/> and end each row
with <xsl:value-of select="$newline"/>. If you are streaming it to a browser
you have to also set the content type.

HTH,
-Steve