RE: [xsl] msxsl.exe doesn't show xsl:message

Subject: RE: [xsl] msxsl.exe doesn't show xsl:message
From: Corey_Haines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:12:54 -0500
Bryan,

You might check out Xselerator (www.marrowsoft.com), as it has great XSL
debugging (step-through, breakpoints, etc.)

-Corey

"Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
03/27/2002 10:03 AM
Please respond to xsl-list

        To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:     (bcc: Corey Haines)

>From the MSDN documentation for <xsl:message />

>The <xsl:message> element provides a mechanism to debug XSL
Transformations
(XSLT) style
>sheets in progress. Whenever an <xsl:message> element is encountered, if
the terminate flag is set to "yes" (the default), >then the XSLT processor
quits, and
>sends a system-level error message. Expressions contained within the
<xsl:message> element evaluate relative to the current >context, making
message a good way to watch individual elements.
>If terminate is set to "no", then the Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0
ignores the
>command. This is a good way to disable error handling without removing it
>entirely from your Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) style sheet,
>although upcoming implementations can send such messages out to a log
>file. (This is not currently supported.)
>It doesn't look like the message gets sent to the console. Just sends a
>system-level error message.

thanks corey, looks like I'll have to debug in saxon :)