Re: [xsl] figuring out if first or last child

Subject: Re: [xsl] figuring out if first or last child
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:49:29 +0100
Eric K Taylor wrote:
when I'm processing the <article>s, I need to do something different with
the first and last, that is:

If you run into difficulties while applying Peter's suggestion about using position()=1 etc., check whether using the preceding-sibling and following-siblig axes could help. Test whether there is nor article before: <xsl:if test="not(preceding-siblinc::article)"> Test whether there is no element (whether article or something else) before: <xsl:if test="not(preceding-siblinc::*)"> Test whether there is no node before: <xsl:if test="not(preceding-siblinc::node())"> Test whether there is no node before except text nodes contraining only white space: <xsl:if test="not(preceding-siblinc::node()[normalize-space()])">

J.Pietschmann