[xsl] Re: RE: transforming a file with Saxon while viewing in IE?

Subject: [xsl] Re: RE: transforming a file with Saxon while viewing in IE?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:38:36 -0800 (PST)
> You can do it with a Java applet: look at the samples/applet
> directory in the Saxon distribution, and modify as required.
>
> But for client-side transformations using IE, it's far simpler to
> download and install Microsoft's MSXML3/4 processor.

I've never used Saxon via an applet as Mike suggests, but I use the
Xselerator, which can apply a transformation with many XSLT processors
(you can add your own) on a click of a button.

It is possible to invoke Saxon 7.0 from Xselerator, too!

As for installing MSXML3 and using it with IE, I'd recommend that you
install IE 6.0, because this also installs MSXML3 SP2 at the same time.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.