[xsl] repeat and replace loop ( at the same time )

Subject: [xsl] repeat and replace loop ( at the same time )
From: progressdll linux <progressdll.linux@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:40:35 +0200 (GMT+02:00)
repeat and replace loop	( at the same time )

I have difficult time trying the following in XSLT.

I need to repeat an XML record and replace it at the same time with different data.
Let me show you an example:

<root>
  <record>
    <namedcell name="ordernumber"/>
    <data>0</data>
    <namedcell name="price"/>
    <data>0</data>
  </record>
</root>

this is my template record that i want to use to fill my output xml.
So i need to repeat the template record as many time as i want records
and replace the data at the same time.

I am able to repeat and replace but not in 1 go. The replace data comes
from a second xml that will replace according to the namedcell value.

<root>
  <record>
     <ordernumber>1</ordernumber>
     <price>111</price>
  </record>
  <record>
     <ordernumber>2</ordernumber>
     <price>222</price>
  </record>
</root>

So this should result in 2 record. I always read this xml in via the document function.
<xsl:variable name="file" select="document('replace_data.xml')"/>

and on match = "record" i apply this template.
<xsl:apply-templates select="$file/root"/>
This will loop x time that there are record.

But then i can't replace the data.

result should be

<root>
  <record>
    <namedcell name="ordernumber"/>
    <data>1</data>
    <namedcell name="price"/>
    <data>111</data>
  </record>
  <record>
    <namedcell name="ordernumber"/>
    <data>2</data>
    <namedcell name="price"/>
    <data>222</data>
  </record>
</root>

Thanks for any feedback. I am really stuck.
PG