RE: [xsl] XML-QL

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML-QL
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:20:28 +0100
XML-QL was an early version of an XML Query Language; the current proposed
standard for a query language is called XQuery, and you can find it at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/. This is designed for selecting documents (or
parts of documents) from a large database. To extract information from
incoming documents as they arrive in your organization, XSLT is much better
suited to the task.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx