RE: [xsl] a namespace problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] a namespace problem
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:36:07 +0200
>The short of it: XPath does not consider namespace prefixes, but rather
>URIs when comparing elements...
>In XPath match expressions without a prefix are considered to be a NULL
>(not default) namespace.  So for both of the above two documents:
jeez I forgot about that, I read it once long ago and figured it was never
gonna become important in my life :) now it is :(

>To get what you expect, simply choose an
>arbitrary namespace prefix for your default namespace, and use that in
>expressions...

would be counter-productive to go through the trouble of doing that as I'm
gonna be downloading the rss periodically.

Darn I just know it's gonna turn out having to be something with matching
against the local-name().