RE: [xsl] loading multiple documents using variables

Subject: RE: [xsl] loading multiple documents using variables
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:06:05 +0200

[Thomas B. Passin]

>Right, some processors accept that form anyway, but it's not really
correct.
>There's also the old question - exactly what is the right syntax to use for
>Windows file: URLs, anyway?

this is why I amended to <xsl:variable name="docconcat"
select="concat('file:///c:/',$name,'.xml')"/>
in my second post, having forgotten the problem with direct paths until
reminded by Michael's post.

windows will also understand the file:/// protocol, I think there may be
some sort of translation between windows paths and file uri's going on, at
any rate if you go to run on the start menu and type file:///c:/ you'll get
the same kind of auto completion that you tend to get with a windows path,
this leads me to assume that a use of file:/// would also work in msxml
although I haven't tried it there yet.