Re: [xsl] preceeding:sibling?

Subject: Re: [xsl] preceeding:sibling?
From: "Ahmad J. Reeves" <ahmad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 18:22:15 +0100
Hi,

Thanks for the link. I have in fact got a working stylesheet that
does remove the duplicates, however it only seems to work on xml
documents that are small, say the example xml with the previous mail.

If I apply it to a larger file, say, 20Mb the duplicates appear once more.

This tends to suggest to me that my stylesheet is ok but Saxon may need
more space? to remove the duplicates as it may have to compare each
attribute with thousands of others. Unless there is a more elegant way of
doing this? My machine has 256meg RAM, 900Mhz.

Could anyone suggest a solution? More memory or different stylesheet?

Regards

Ahmad

At 11:13 PM 4/5/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Ahmad J Reeves wrote:
>> Hi,
>I think this very problem has already been discussed here.
>Look at
>  http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200201/msg00415.html
>and follow-ups (some may be hard to find)
>
>J.Pietschmann

Ahmad J Reeves BSc (Hons) MSc (Dist) PhD Student
Information, Media & Communication Research Group
Department of Computer Science
Queen Mary, University of London
E1 4NS
Tel +44(0) 207 882 5257