Re: [xsl] gedML VS. the new gedcom xml 6.0 proposal

Subject: Re: [xsl] gedML VS. the new gedcom xml 6.0 proposal
From: Eric Vitiello <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:41:25 -0400
-- L Rutker [Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:52:31 -0400]:

>Michael Kay started developing gedML but seemingly has not updated it in years.
>Anyone care to comment on how different they are?
>One area that I don?t like is the use of html within the gedcom XML
>file in the new proposal.
>(For example <html:BR />) I think that formatting has no place in XML but
>belongs in the XSL. I guess the third edition of Michael Kay's book might use the new
>format (assuming he likes it).

This is excellent!  I had begun development on FamilyML, which is based on Michel Kay's gedML structural ideas (available at:  http://www.vitiello.org/familyml.htm).  Looks like I'll start transitioning everything to gedcom 6!

Thanks for the link!

--Eric

---
Eric Vitiello