Re: [xsl] Netscape and Data Islands

Subject: Re: [xsl] Netscape and Data Islands
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:51:32 +0100
> This question is about Netscape 6.2
> How do we use Data islands ie. XSL processed HTML output embedded in HTML
> file in Netscape.

The so called data islands are a microsoft invention that do not follow
any standard. The resulting files are neither HTML nor XML.  They are
not even SGML (or at least I've never seen anyone publish an SGML
declaration that would allow the empty element syntax to change between
HTML and XML conventions as is required for data islands, although
probably that is possible.

So it is unreasonable to expect any application to handle such a file.

David