[xsl] about data types

Subject: [xsl] about data types
From: "Laura Jenkins" <xsl_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:31:18 +0000

hi
i am happy using the extension library and my own Java Classes to do some of my really complex work. I am how ever not finding a way to return the String Array from Java to XSL. I way i thot was that i will make a temp tree out of the String array in my Java Code and return an XML node. and then i may run the for each and get each string out of the tree..
for example.. if i have a string array in my java code
String personList[] = myCom.getPersonList();

if the person List has for example names.
a,b, c, d, e, f,

I thot of making a temp tree in my java code and return it to XSL like an XML node..like
<personList>
<person>a</person>
<person>b</person>
<person>c</person>
<person>d</person>
<person>e</person>
<person>f</person>
</personList>
and do the xsl:for-each to get each of them out.
I am how ever not convinced that i MUST take this step to get my desired result. is there a way i can get the string array in xsl??

any suggestions or ideas?
thanks in advance
ps: can some one provide me with a link that gives the mapping between the XSL data types and the Java DAta TYpes?