[xsl] XSLT, Chapter 17 of Processig XML with Java, has been posted

Subject: [xsl] XSLT, Chapter 17 of Processig XML with Java, has been posted
From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:01:21 -0400
I'm pleased to announce that XSLT, Chapter 17 of Processing XML with Java has been posted on Cafe con Leche in the usual location:

http://cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/chapters/ch17.html

This chapter includes three major sections:

*   A brief XSLT tutorial
*   Detailed discussion of the TrAX API for using XSLT with Java
*   Writing XSLT extension functions and elements in Java

I'm particularly pleased with the first section. I've written several XSLT tutorials before, but this one is radically different. It considers XSLT primarily as a functional programming language and focuses on the ability to call templates recursively. I doubt there's anything here that hasn't been discovered or invented by someone somewhere before, but certainly I had never seen some of the things you could do with XSLT until I invented them for this chapter. I wouldn't recommend this as your first exposure to XSLT (for that see http://cafeconleche.org/books/biblegold/chapters/ch17.html ) but if you're already familiar with XSLT basics, this chapter may show you a few new tricks.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Writer/Programmer |
|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |