[xsl] passing parameters to stylesheets

Subject: [xsl] passing parameters to stylesheets
From: Ralph Holz <Ralph.Holz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:42:20 +0100
Hi,

I'm using Cocoon 2.0.2 here to process XML files with XSL-T stylesheets.

The relevant part of my pipeline is like this:

<map:match pattern="start.xml">
<map:generate src="start.xml"/>
<map:transform src="start.xsl"/>
<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

start.xml contains several sets of data, which are very similar to each other. I'd like to pick one at a time and display it. For this purpose, it would be possible to write several stylesheets, one for each data set I'd like to process. However, I find it more elegant if I could somehow pass a parameter to start.xsl, telling it which data set to process.

Is it possible to pass "external" parameters a stylesheet?

Thanks in advance,
Ralph