Re: [xsl] after use of document(): selecting parts of the obtained node-set

Subject: Re: [xsl] after use of document(): selecting parts of the obtained node-set
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:25:04 +0200
Hello Ralph,

> <xsl:variable name="itn" select="document(itn.xml)" />

the problem is here: You select the string of a node <itn.xml> and the
document with this string will be stored. Because the string is empty, it
should be the stylesheet, which is stored in your variable. What you must
do, is to add single quotes around your filename: document('itn.xml')

> <xsl:apply-templates select="$itn/logo" />

Then you can access the nodes with select="$itn/itn/logo". Don't forget the
document element. If you change your variable itn to
"document('itn.xml')/itn" (it makes always sense in my eys) you can use your
above version.

> <xsl:apply-templates select="$itn//logo">.

This should work in every case, but, you know, it's not very good.

Regards,

Joerg