Re: [xsl] Query regarding XSL variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] Query regarding XSL variables
From: "Anand Ganapathy" <Anand.Ganapathy@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:49:27 +0530
Hi Matt,
I tried the approach suggested by you, but the javascript function can't recognize the same and alerts that it can't recognize nodeAddress1.Please help.
Regards,
Anand
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 09:03:00AM +0530, Anand Ganapathy wrote:

> I want to pass xsl:variables to a javascript function.How is it possible to achieve the same?

This is a job for Attribute Value Templates (AVTs). Normally, you can't
use a variable reference or XPath expression in an attribute of a literal
result element, because it is interpreted as a literal string. But if you
wrap it in curly braces -- {$my_variable} -- then it is evaluated as an
expression. You can also use AVTs in a few XSLT elements; I never
remember which ones--but you should be able to look it up in any good
XSLT book.

So, in your example:

> 	       <A href="javascript:" onClick="({$nodeaddr1},{$lidentifier1},{$nodename1});"> <xsl:value-of select="Nodename"/> </A>

should do what you want.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA