[xsl] mystery #2: testing document() without failure

Subject: [xsl] mystery #2: testing document() without failure
From: Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Apr 2002 20:09:12 -0400
The document() function will return a null node set if the referenced
file is not found, but with Xalan, a missing file will also leave an
error message in the system logs -- our application must test for
thousands of files every day, and if we log an error for every one not
found, the sysadmins will have us run out of town ;)

Is this the only way to verify the existance of a file before merging
it?  If it is, is there some way to tell Xalan not to log this error?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxxx> TeleDynamics Communications Inc