[xsl] Re: Re: Re: RE: Business logic (was: Re: Efficiency Issues)

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: RE: Business logic (was: Re: Efficiency Issues)
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
>
> > I want to back Mike on this. Using the functions of FXSL it is
> > possible for any XSLT programmer to easily perform very complex
> > calculations/processing.
>
> I know. Two points:
> 1. That it's possible doesn't mean it is always a good idea to do it.
> 2. Something that's easy for *you* may be indistinguishable from
> magic for other people.
>
> J.Pietschmann

1. Let's leave people decide for themselves what's good and what's bad.

2. I think that this is a frequent misunderstanding about FXSL -- how
some of the functions are implemented may seem like magic, but it is
easy just to use them and to get results.

What you describe is not so much a feeling of "magic" than a reaction
to a contact with something new -- this is going to wear off with time.

To summarise:
   In my previous message I was emphasizing the ease of use of FXSL and
also that it makes things possible -- it is only natural that in order
for this to be achieved, the library might seem a bit complex under the
surface.
   The majority of people are good drivers without knowing the detailed
workings of their car's engine -- the same is true for a good library.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.