Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combining stylesheets for baseclass-subclass type d

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combining stylesheets for baseclass-subclass type d
From: "Daniel Brockman" <daniel.brockman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:08:29 +0200
>It works for me. Probably you forgot to replace
>
> xmlns:v="http://icl.com/saxon";
>
>with
>
> xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"

Actually, it has nothing to do with that.  I'm talking about
xsl:apply-imports in an xsl:variable.  For instance, I just confirmed
the following pair of files to crash the following systems:

  * IE 5.5 MSXML 3.0 on Windows 95
  * IE 6.0 MSXML 3.0 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, all patches
  * IE 6.0 MSXML 3.0 on Windows XP Pro, all patches

--- test.xml ---
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>
<root />

--- test.xsl ---
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:variable name="test">
    <xsl:apply-imports />
  </xsl:variable>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The same happens for the following set of files:

--- test2.xml ---
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test2-1.xsl"?>
<root />

--- test2-1.xsl ---
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:import href="test2-2.xsl" />
  <xsl:variable name="test">
    <xsl:apply-imports />
  </xsl:variable>
</xsl:stylesheet>

--- test2-2.xsl ---
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="root" />
</xsl:stylesheet>

This shows that it's not because there are no imported templates to
apply.  It appears to depend on where the xsl:apply-imports is
performed; placing an xsl:apply-imports in an xsl:template does *not*
cause crashes.  However, placing it inside the body of an
xsl:variable or an xsl:param does (I also tested both versions with
xsl:param).

I have not found any information about the bug yet.

   Daniel Brockman
   mailto:daniel.brockman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    "To spot the expert, pick the one who predicts
     the job will take the longest and cost the most."
      - Murphy