[xsl] RE: [xsl] mysterious  character inserted into coverted document

Subject: [xsl] RE: [xsl] mysterious  character inserted into coverted document
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:20:29 +0100
> I am running an XSLT stylesheet through saxon to convert XHTML to WML.
> Everything is going well (thanks to all of you) but I keep
> getting these
> mysterious  characters inserted into my document.  It
> appears to happen
> most commonly before and after anchor tags.  Has anybody seen this
> before?  Know what might be causing it?

Lots of people have seen it before. It happens when you produce the output
file in UTF-8 and then look at it on the screen using a text editor that
doesn't know how to display UTF-8. Either switch the output to a different
encoding (e.g. iso-8859-1) or get a text editor that understands UTF-8.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx