[xsl] Non rendered characters in FOP

Subject: [xsl] Non rendered characters in FOP
From: "Nicolas Mazziotta" <Nicolas.Mazziotta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:36:10 +0200
Hello,

I've included here ftp://www.ulg.ac.be/merci/sample.zip (will remain
there several hours) a sample .fo file that demonstrate the problem:

I've noticed that text() of tags that occur at page-break as well as the
characters that preceed in the same word-unit (surrounded by
whitespaces) are not rendered at all in PDF and AWT view.

Create a pdf with FOP; look at the beginning of page 15 in this pdf
file: 'tensible' for 'extensible' [E<fo:inline>x</fo:inline>tensible];
notice that even though the first 'e' is not surrounded by any tag, it
is not rendered either.

One more thing: if I process a 'simple.xml' file with occurrences like
[E<r>x</r>tensible], the same happens, even if I dont write any template
for the 'r' element.

Thank you all for your answers.

N. Mazziotta