Re: [xsl] Setting attributes of FO element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Setting attributes of FO element
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:14:07 +0200
Hello Emma,

your code is not so wrong, you only set the elements attribute and value-of in the wrong namespace. Otherwise - if the matched element has @colspan or not - your code with little changes should work:

> <fo:table-cell>
>     <xsl:if test='@colspan'>
>         <xsl:attribute name="number-columns-spanned">
>               <xsl:value-of select="@colspan" />
>        </xsl:attribute>
>     </xsl:if>
> </fo:table-cell>

The 'xsl'-namespace-prefix says, that the XSL-Transformer should handle this node. Otherwise it is a node, that will only be copied to the output, so with your code you should have this

<fo:table-cell>
   <fo:attribute name="number-columns-spanned">
      <fo:value-of select="@colspan" />
   </fo:attribute>
</fo:table-cell>

in your output, isn't it?

Regards,

Joerg

Emma Larsson wrote:
Hi all..

How do I set the attribute to a FO element after the element has been declared?

I want to do something like this:

<fo:table-cell>
    <xsl:if test='@colspan'>
        <fo:attribute name="number-columns-spanned">
              <fo:value-of select="@colspan" />
       </fo:attribute>
    </xsl:if>
</fo:table-cell>

That is, I want to set the attribute number-columns-spanned for the element table-cell.
But the attribute is not always set in the XML file, so I can't count on the value being set..

The 'solution' above is not supported, at least not as far as I can see. Is there any other way to solve the problem? Any help is appreciated...

/Emma

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG