RE: [xsl] <MsSinceMidnight1Jan1970>1009843200000</MsSinceMidnight1Jan1970>

Subject: RE: [xsl] <MsSinceMidnight1Jan1970>1009843200000</MsSinceMidnight1Jan1970>
From: "Chris Bayes" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:29:06 +0100
Dan,
I read somewhere that netscape was better than ie because it transforms
direct from xml/xsl to the final rendered result whereas ie transforms
to html and then parses the html. So it works in ie.
If you do this
<?xml version="1.0"?>

                version="1.0">

 <xsl:output method="html"/>

 <xsl:template match="/">
    <script type="text/javascript">
	alert(this.document.toString());
   </script>
 </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

The alert is [Object XMLDocument] which is not an html document although
the differences in netscape are rather blurred. So there is no
document.write function on the xmldocument object.
This means that script is not evaluated and events are not recognised
(something I have found before although this is a very simple example).
Hmmm some improvement!!!! I guess netscape is still pretty much useless
for xml/xsl except for the most primative transforms. Oh well!

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml