Re: [xsl] replacing images with alt tags

Subject: Re: [xsl] replacing images with alt tags
From: "Raffaele Sena" <raff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:35:56 -0700
> part.  Is there something wrong with my choose?  How can I do this
> better?  And how can I get the alt text to replace the ||image skipped||
> that I currently have?  And better yet is their a good way to do away
> with this and convert images?  That's probably wishful thinking :)
>
> <xsl:when test="parent::a"> <!--img presents the src for an
> image if the image is a link ie. has parent::a-->
> <xsl:copy-of select="@alt"/>
>   </xsl:when>

    Just out of curiosity, why do you use <xsl:copy-of/> instead of
<xsl:value-of/> ?
    Maybe in this case they work the same, but it looks to me you want the
"content" (value)
    of the attribute, don't you ?

-- Raffaele

raff@xxxxxxxxxxxx (::) http://www.aromatic.org/~raff/

When I say artist I mean the man who is building things
 -- creating molding the earth -- whether it be the plains of the west
 -- or the iron ore of Penn. It's all a big game of construction
 -- some with a brush -- some with a shovel -- some choose a pen.

                             Jackson Pollock