Re: [xsl] Comparing an attribute value to its default in DTD

Subject: Re: [xsl] Comparing an attribute value to its default in DTD
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:06:41 +0200
With my last post at this thread I wanted to point out, that it's not possible to know whether it's a default attribute value or not. You have to implement the default attribute values in the DTD and the XSL.

Joerg

Manny Parasirakis wrote:
I am wondering if there is a way to compare an attribute value with its default value defined in the DTD. Something like this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="*@[. != '{attribute's default val}']"/>

I would like to only output the attributes which are not the default value to make the outputted xml more readable. I have about 30 attributes but most of then are just set to their default values. Is there any way to reference the attribute's default value?