Re: [xsl] question with xalan, java, utf8

Subject: Re: [xsl] question with xalan, java, utf8
From: mjyoungblut@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:56:50 -0500
>I'm trying to output HTML using UTF-8 characters. When I use Instant
>Saxon with my xml and xsl file, all if well. But if I try to do this
>through Java I've had multiple problems!

Hi Gail,
      That is a Saxon bug.   We had a multiple problems with this (still
love Saxon, Mr. Kay!).  The following is what we did to perform our
transforms.  It made sure that each character would be written out at
UTF-8.

Hope it helps.
Matt

TransformerFactoryImpl tfi = new TransformerFactoryImpl();
Templates templates = tfi.newTemplates(new StreamSource(new File(getXslFile
())));
Transformer transformer = templates.newTransformer();

//Source file - style sheet
source = new StreamSource(new File(inputFile));

baos = new java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();
result = new StreamResult(baos);

//Rock and roll
transformer.transform(source, result);

fos = new FileOutputStream(getMassagingFinishedFile());
osw = new OutputStreamWriter(fos, getOutputFileEncoding());

String s = new String(baos.toByteArray(), "utf-8");
osw.write(s);