AW: [xsl] javascript access to XML DOM in IE5+

Subject: AW: [xsl] javascript access to XML DOM in IE5+
From: "Braumüller, Hans" <h.braumueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:07:10 +0200
Hello Steve,

yes, it function´s well, i am using since a while these methods to access by
DOM the XML-Source and XSl-Stylesheet.

I am loading it in an external javascript-sheet and perform dynamically some
operations by user input at the client side.

For example:

function showDarkontrakt(darkontrakt){
	xmlDoc = document.XMLDocument;
	xslDoc = document.XSLDocument;
	var where = "[@num = '" + darkontrakt + "']";
	var xmlFilter =
xmlDoc.documentElement.selectNodes("/root/filter/darlehen" + where).item(0);

	divdarkontrakt.innerHTML = xmlFilter.transformNode(xslDoc);
}

I don´t know  if the DOM XML and XSL are the same Object as the DOM produced
by the output (X)HTML,
Either i have not being successful to code the buildin innerHTML method in
pureley DOM.

It will be quite useful and nice, if someone here could forward an
mini-example to start with replacing thew innerHTML with DOM, besides that
is an limit topic issue.

Thanks,

Hans Braumüller
-- + --
Networking Artist
http://crosses.net
http://kunstserie.com

eference.asp

--
Steve Rosenberry
Sr. Partner

Electronic Solutions Company -- For the Home of Integration
http://ElectronicSolutionsCo.com

http://BetterGoBids.com -- The Premier Overture (formerly GoTo)
                           Bid Management Tool

(610) 670-1710