Re: [xsl] exslt str:tokenize

Subject: Re: [xsl] exslt str:tokenize
From: Greg Faron <gfaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:31:48 -0600
At 07:19 AM 4/24/2002, you wrote:
I want to use str:tokenize function and template.

I have imported the str 'package' and declared its namespace; i've also
imported the stylesheet just as described at
http://www.exslt.org/str/index.html
But msxml keeps telling me that string keyword cannot be used in this
namespace...

[Without maliciously intending to infringe on any copyrights or permissions,] I found it easiest to use the templates by simply copying and pasting them into my own strings package. This also gave me room to code up some enhancements to various templates.
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:str="http://www.integretechpub.com/strings"; extension-element-prefixes="msxsl str">
<xsl:template name="str:tokenize">
</xsl:stylesheet>

and call it as

<xsl:call-template name="str:tokenize">
</xsl:call-template>

Unfortunately, I've not been able to convert them into inline functions that can be called within a selection string. I.e. select="str:tokenize($string,$delims)"

Greg Faron Integre Technical Publishing Co.