Re: [xsl] Junk while transforming XML to text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Junk while transforming XML to text
From: Matt Gushee <mgushee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:53:36 -0600
On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:44:15PM -0700, Sripriya Venkataraman wrote:

> I am trying to convert an XML document to an ascii text file using XSL.
> When I do that, I get some junk at the beginning of the file.
>
> My input file XML is
> <PLATERESULTS>
    [snip]
> </PLATERESULTS>
>
> My input XSL is
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
    [snip]

> But my output text file is:
> 163113109131Analysis Successful(00000) Difference in Row Marker Height
> Between Sippers of 82%. Low total of 8.526, High total of 46.436.''Version 1
> WellName WellStartTime BaselineRSI DipRSI PositivePercentInhibition PeakRSI
> NegativePercentInhibition NoiseFactor MinMaxDifference
>
> Why do I get this junk value ?

Well, you've looked at your code, and you see find any reason; neither
can I. I've run it through all 3 XSLT processors I use (saxon, 4xslt, and
xsltproc), and I don't get the error you're seeing. So it's pretty unlikely
the problem is with your code. Some or all of the following info might help
in figuring this out:

  what XSLT processor you're using (have you tried another?)
  how are you invoking the processor (command line or API)
  what form does the data come in (file, stream, string variable?)
  what platform you're running on
  what specific environment you're viewing the output in (e.g., bash shell,
    DOS prompt, TextPad ...)
  your locale settings, if any
  other environment variables

--