[xsl] How to escape invalid characters in XML to XML process

Subject: [xsl] How to escape invalid characters in XML to XML process
From: "Uslu, Cihan Y (MED)" <Cihan.Uslu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:59:45 -0500
Hi,
I'm receiving my input XML from an Oracle DB, and i get a lot of invalid
for XML characters. How can I escape/convert these invalid characters
for XML into valid characters. I need to do this because after the
transformation I post my output XML into a ASP page. This is the
process:

getXML from OracleDB --> applyXSLT -->  output XML  --> validateXML(use
Schema) --> postXML.

Can I do that in XSLT when I receive my input XML by matching these
characters and convert them? If yes, how?
Validation is done by Schema.
Is there any template XSLT Script that does that? Thank you for your
help.

If there aither ways of doing that, I would appreciate any pointers.

Cihan