[xsl] Re: Extending xsltproc?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Extending xsltproc?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:26:33 -0700 (PDT)
> Then again, maybe I don't need to extend it. The two transforms I
> would like to implement seem easy and commonplace, but are proving
> elusive: I would like to render a node-set into rows of columns
> without resorting to disable-output-escaping to insert the
> modulo-column </tr><tr> break, and I'd also like to be able to
present
> a node-set in a new random order on each call.  If either of these
> effects can be done directly with xsltproc, I'll be one happy camper.

The first one is a FAQ and you can find it in many places, just these
days there was one at TopXML.com (sure, you don't need DOE at all, <tr>
is a node, not just string). I also remember doing one at the time that
combined creating a multi-column table with adding alternating colours
to the rows -- could find it if this would be useful.

For the second request -- see my article "Casting the Dice with FXSL:
Random Number Generation Functions in XSLT" at:

http://www.topxml.com/xsl/articles/dice/default.asp

Hope this helped.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.