Re: [xsl] Can any body says me how can i see if exist a node name or not?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can any body says me how can i see if exist a node name or not?
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:45:14 +0100
Hi Carlos,

> I have a xml file but i must to see if exist a particualr node
> (LINKFAMILIA) In i have writte xml how cai i find this node? there
> is in xslt exist term for find it?

Just try to select it:

  /FAMILIAS/FAMILIA/LINKFAMILIA

That will either give you a node set of LINKFAMILIA elements or a node
set containing nothing at all. When you use a test on a node set, the
test is true if the node set contains something, and false if the node
set is empty. So you can use:

  <xsl:if test="/FAMILIAS/FAMILIA/LINKFAMILIA">
    There is a LINKFAMILIA element in the document.
  </xsl:if>

Cheers,

Jeni

---