[xsl] Create a node set and then apply a template to it

Subject: [xsl] Create a node set and then apply a template to it
From: "paul morgan" <pmorg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 05:58:59 -0700
I'm just looking into using XSLT (translation: clueless) for a project I'm working on, and I'm wondering if it's possible to create a node set via a template and then apply some other template to it?  Since I don't have all of the terminology down yet, let me illustrate via an example.

Given the text node, "out of luck", I'd like to end up with the node set containing the following elements:

    <WORD>out</WORD>
    <WORD>of</WORD>
    <WORD>luck</WORD>

and to that node set I'd like to apply a template.  Looking around it seems as if a lot of people have had a similar sort of question, but (in my current state of ignorance) I've been unable to directly apply their concerns to my problem.

Any help or pointers to documentation would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

:Paul

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp