Re: [xsl] XSL tags in IE5 * , browser problem ???

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL tags in IE5 * , browser problem ???
From: Suman.Sathyanarayan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:54:53 +0530
thanks for the help ,
i shall try it out.

Sorry I did mean .../attr[@name='ou'] ?

                    Matt Gushee
                    <mgushee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>           To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                          cc:
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx       Subject:     Re: [xsl] XSL tags in IE5 * , browser
                    rytech.com                         problem ???

                    04/29/02 12:51 PM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 08:29:58AM +0530, Suman.Sathyanarayan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I have an XML file which is a batch response

[snip]

> I want to write an XSL which returns me a table containing the column
> headers :
>
> Company name | Url1 | Url2 | Url3 | Url4 |
>
> the only way i can match the values are by using the
> <attr name="ou">
> which stands for Company name
> <attr name="gpfUrl1">
> which stands for Url1

> Please note :::
> I am using IE 5.0
> so the namespace
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
> does'nt work
> SO
> i have to use the name space
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>

Are you aware that IE5 will support standard XSLT if you install a
semi-recent version of MSXML (for MSXML 3.0, there's a utility you
can get to install it in 'replace' mode, making it the system-wide
default XML parser; MSXML 4.0 doesn't have that, but I think you can
accomplish the same thing with a 'regsvr32' command)?

The old "MS-XSL" supported by IE5 is a dead-end technology, and you
should avoid using it if at all possible. If you're deploying this
code on an intranet where everyone is using IE5, then your company
can install an appropriate version of MSXML on all desktops. If you're
deploying this on the Internet, please don't. There is still a signif-
icant minority of people who use browsers without any sort of XSLT
support.

If your employers are too thick-headed to understand the value of
standardized (thus portable) XSLT, I'm sorry for you.

Don't you mean .../attr[@name='ou'] ?

> Here the <xsl:if tags also dont work ........
>       <xsl:value-of select="value"></xsl:value-of>

Yes, I think this needs to be different, but forget exactly how.
I'm sure someone on the list will remember.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA

-----------------------Disclaimer------------------------

The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those
of the Company. All liability is excluded to the extent
permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of the
use of this medium to transmit information by or to
IT Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.

We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to
carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to
this message.  We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses.