Re: [xsl] How to display spaces?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to display spaces?
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:43:03 +0200
It's always the same:

<input>
    <xsl:attribute name="value">
        <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
    </xsl:attribute>
</input>

With the correct namespace (not WD-XSL) you can write short versions via attribute value template (AVT):

<input value="{@name}"/>

Regards,

Joerg

Suman.Sathyanarayan@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Michael,

Thanks , that was superb
Another question.
how do i display the
XML Schema values in a text box??
i mean do i say
<input type= "text" value="<xsl:value-of select="@name"></xsl:value=of>"

</input>??

Can u please send me over a sample XSL
which has text boxes, text area's,hidden variales
<a> href tags etc etc .. which access values
I think i'm asking for too much :)))))..

Regards,
Suman

"Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > cc: <owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: Subject: RE: [xsl] How to display spaces? owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx rytech.com 04/29/02 03:06 PM Please respond to xsl-list

I cannot use &nbsp; in an XSL , so how do i display
white or blank spaces on the screen??

FAQ.

Either declare the entity &nbsp; in the DTD for the stylesheet, or simply
use its numeric equivalent: &#160;

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----------------------Disclaimer------------------------

The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those
of the Company. All liability is excluded to the extent
permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of the
use of this medium to transmit information by or to
IT Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.

We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to
carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to
this message.  We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses.

System Development
VIRBUS AG
Fon  +49(0)341-979-7419