Re: [xsl] To simulate SORT inside a xsl:choose condition

Subject: Re: [xsl] To simulate SORT inside a xsl:choose condition
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:39:19 +0200
Hello Kumar,

it's not completely correct, what you wrote in your code. It has to be

<xsl:sort order="ascending" select="*[name()=$sortmethod]"/>.

This means: Sort all regions in the file by a element ('*'), whose name (e.g. 'city') is the same as specified in $sortmethod.

Regards,

Joerg

I have written XSL to display city, companyname in Table structure .based on the criteria node's sorting i will have to either sort the data by City or Comp_name when it appears for the first time ...

I tried this ..globally i did <xsl:variable name="sortmethod" select="//criteria/sortby">

SOmewhere down in my template where i write xsl:for i do this ....
<xsl:for-each select="//regions">
      <xsl:sort  order="ascending"  select="name()=$sortmethod"/>
</xsl:for-each>

Does that work??

-kumar