Re: [xsl] How do i use a substring

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do i use a substring
From: Suman.Sathyanarayan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:07:54 +0530
Hi Laura,

Can u please explain step by step
what all i need to download in order to use the namespace

http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

for IE5 or IE5.5 to recognize it.

as i have mentioned before i have downloaded and installed the
MSXML3 in replace mode but still i find no luck.

It is'nt application specific to use the other namespace
But it is application specific to use IE5 or IE5.5.

Regards,
Suman

                    "Laura Jenkins"
                    <xsl_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>            To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                          cc:
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx       Subject:     Re: [xsl] How do i use a substring
                    rytech.com

                    04/30/02 03:20 PM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

is it very application critical that u use the namespace
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>?????

if not then u are better off using
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

u seem to have this problem even before, with the <xsl:variable> and
<xsl:text>..
WD-xsl was based on a very early working draft of XSLT before
some of these elements were defined.
you are more restricted with the namespace u are using