Re: [xsl] How do you get Attributes in Processing Instructions using IE6

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do you get Attributes in Processing Instructions using IE6
From: "David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM" <david_n_bertoni@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:46:20 -0700
> Sorry if this question has already been answered. I searched the archives
> and didn't come across what I was looking for.
>
> I have the following processing instructions throughout my xml file:
> <?FRAME LABEL='Introduction to IADS' SHOWNO='N'?>
>
> I need to be able to get the value of the LABEL attribute (Introduction
> IADS). I am using IE 6.0. I can match the processing instruction, but I
> can't seem to get the individual attribute values. I have tried
> <xsl:value-of select="@label"/>, but this doesn't seem to work.

Although they look like attributes, they are not, so you cannot find them
using XPath.  You'll need to get the string value of the processing
instruction, and parse the value yourself.

You might want to consider changing your XML file format, if you can.
Using elements and attributes in a specific namespace, instead of PIs,
would be much easier to manipulate in XSLT.

Dave