RE: [xsl] Applying stylesheets externally

Subject: RE: [xsl] Applying stylesheets externally
From: "Stuart Celarier" <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:54:50 -0700
Kathryn,

I would encourage you to read the article that I wrote on XSLT in MSXML.
I wrote it to answer just such questions. It is available at
http://www.perfectxml.com/articles/xml/XSLTInMSXML.asp. There are a
couple of gotchas described in the article that you will want to be
aware of.

Among other things, MSXML 3.0 and 4.0 can both be installed (and
frequently are). You can use the Msxml2.DOMDocument.3.0 class to invoke
an XSLT 1.0 conformant processor (although the Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0
will result in better performance.) You will find samples of code for
executing from JavaScript, VB and C++ in the article.

I doubt your boss's boss has only MSXML 4.0 installed - she or he almost
certainly has at least one previous version of MSXML installed as well.
Chris Bayes MSXML Sniffer
(http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml/index.xml?/xml/utils/msxml_sniffer.htm) can
tell all.

Cheers,