RE: Re: [xsl] XInclude

Subject: RE: Re: [xsl] XInclude
From: Salvatore Mangano <smangano@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 15:43:59 -0400
> I wasn't there when the decision was made. With hindsight,
it's easy to
> see that the decision was wrong. But if you think the people
who work on
> W3C standards are all idiots, why don't you join the effort
and see if
> you can do better yourself?

Extrapolating from my calling one bad decision "bone headed" to
supposing I think that all the people in the W3C are idiots is
a little extreme. If I did join the W3C I would accept that one
of my obligations is to listen to criticism about the stuff I
proposed without getting all defensive about it.

I will take a look at XML Pipeline but it sound like just
another big spec that promises to solve a very common problem
sometime in the future that could have been solved now using a
very simple spec (XInclude).