RE: [xsl] accessing node[$position]

Subject: RE: [xsl] accessing node[$position]
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:24:01 +0100
> In trying to reorder a set of nodes, I've run into a
> problem with doing this:
>
> <xsl:variable name="this_page"
> select="descendant::page[$the_position]"/>
> or
> <xsl:value-of
> select="descendant::page[$the_position]"/>
>
> ($the_position is a parameter that's passed in.)
> Xselerator seems to have a problem with anything
> involving something like node[$param_or_variable],
> saying that the variable cannot be resolved

Either there's a bug in Xselerator, or there's a mistake in a part of
your stylesheet that you haven't shown us. You can find out which is the
case by either (a) running your stylesheet through another XSLT
processor, or (b) posting it on this list.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx