RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group

Subject: RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:36:16 -0500
> I still maintain that you would be better off ordering your groups using
the
> values of the $sortcol rather than using the Muenchian method and a
cunning
> (but alas ineffective) sort. Once you've got the a series of current
> @dataids in the right order you can use key to get all the relevant nodes.
> If as you explain, the columns are quite complicated things it will still
be
> easier doing it this way.

Tom, that may well be.  As I mentioned, you and David have got me to look at
alterantive ways to do this and I'm going to some other approaches.  In
particular, the current version was developed when the grouping requirement
was added after the fact for a previously developed template.  Doing away
with the original template, and restructuring everything (perhaps with the
structure you suggest, but possibly with a completely different attack) is
quite possibly the way to go.

> so <xsl:key name="dataset" match="dataset" use=" 'all' "/>
> and key("dataset", " 'all' ")
> doesn't work?

Frayed knot... I'm still looking at why not.