Re: [xsl] Xalan Transformation Error

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan Transformation Error
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:47:03 -0400
Scott,

Sad to say, although what you have may run in a (particular) browser, this doesn't mean it runs in an XSLT processor. That's because what you have isn't XSLT. It's written in an obsolete, proprietary language that was originally created to resemble a now-defunct draft of something that eventually became XSLT.

Check out the MSXML FAQ at http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm. Note that even there, Joshua's splash page alerting you to the problem was written 18 months ago.

You want to upgrade your code to the standard language before it's fair to expect it to be portable.

Good luck,
Wendell