RE: [xsl] loading scripting languages in xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] loading scripting languages in xslt
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:12:01 +0100

> In XSLT1.1 I've found a reference to xsl:script, which seems
> to be what I am looking for, but I don't know any stable
> implementation of this element.

Most XSLT 1.0 processors provide some way of calling external functions
in another language, but the mechanisms for doing it, and the languages
supported, vary from one processor to another.

Often however you don't actually need to use external script. You can do
most things in a portable way, either in XSLT itself, or by passing in
stylesheet parameters, or by calling the document() function with a
suitable URL.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx