Re: [xsl] How to throw transformation to browser

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to throw transformation to browser
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:41:41 +0100
your server side options ( many more then 2 ! )

- java servlets ( saxon has an example ) which will of course require a
servlet runner ( like JRUN ); most java XSLT processors has examples with
their docs
- server side php has sabltron
- coldfusion cfx_saxon and ability to run java /com objects which themselves
are XSLT processors
- AxKit and Cocoon are both overblown for what you ask, though u may want to
use them
- mod_xslt : mod_perl for apache which handles transforms
- server side python
- and yes u can user server side msxml using of course server side scripting
- and there are more ways !

as for building a DOM and then build html dynamically, doesnt necc make any
sense, not to mention building a DOM every time you serve a page would be
rather lavish from a memory usage viewpoint.

gl, jim fuller

oh yea, goto www.dpawson.co.uk and read up the XSLT faq