[xsl] How to assign node value to html attribute

Subject: [xsl] How to assign node value to html attribute
From: "Sunny Bro" <sbv_chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:12:53 -0500
Hello,
I'm working on a small project for my university and I'd like to use xml and xsl in my servlets so that the presentation logic can be seperated from the business logic. When I tried to assign the value of a node to an html attribute (bgcolor) using xsl, I ran into problems.

The parser didn't like this and gave the following SAXParseException:
The value of attribute "bgcolor" must not contain the '<' character.

As this isn't allowed is there a workaround so that i could still make use of the color values in the dom or do i have to adulterate the dom by embedding the required html at the servlet level.

Thanks a ton,
Sunny.