Re: [xsl] XSL lint?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL lint?
From: roger.day@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:27:37 +0100
http://nwalsh.com/xml/xslint/xslint.html

is a perl utility.

At 26/06/2002 17:43:34, Bill Cohagan <bill.cohagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
#  Has anyone written a "lint" utility for XSL? Our group has noticed that
#  there is a set of common errors that aren't actually syntax errors, thus
#  aren't caught by the processor. These "silent" errors lead to much
#  frustration and gnashing of teeth.
#
#  For example, have you ever done
#
#    <xsl-value-of ...> rather than <xsl:value-of ...>  ??
#
#  How about forgetting the "$" in a variable reference (resulting in XSL
#  interpreting as an element reference with the current context)?
#
#  There are of course others, but these examples show the kind of thing I'm
#  talking about. Some of course would be more difficult than others to
#  "detect" with a lint type transform.
#
#  Anyway, I was about to put this project on my "to-do" list, but thought I'd
#  see if anyone else might have already tackled the job.
#
#  Regards,
#   Bill
#